Friday, March 25, 2005

And So the Day is Saved...

I was really bummed out recently that a comic book store I've shopped at for 13 years was going out of business. Last night,Mrs. Pratt and I had dinner at a nearby mall before we picked up Prattmobile.

There is another comic store in this mall. I would go in there occasionally and they had a great selection of stuff but I always remained loyal to the other guys. I picked up a weekly load of books and began to lament the other store going under.

Clerk:"I have good news for you. We are taking over that store.We'll have it reopened next weekend."

That just made my day. I was worried at the lack of access to good comics including independent titles and back issues. Like the superhero who shows up in the nick of time to save the day that's just what these guys did.

No comments: