Another television milestone was reached today when it was announced thatABC's Ted Koppel is leaving his hosting duties at Nightline after 25 years. The Blog of Pratt now presents the Top 12 reasons why Ted Koppel is leaving Nightline.
12.Smoldering sexual tension between him and the ladies of the View.
11. New gig on "Viva La Bam" too good to pass up.
10. Didn't want Kirk/Spock 'fight to the death' scene with Peter Jennings.
9. Lunches at Hooters no fun anymore without Sam Donaldson and David Brinkley.
8. Still upset he's never been invited to co-host Jimmy Kimmel's show.
7. Was asked to follow the Dead tour this summer with Cronkite,Rather and Brokaw.
6. Nightline host duties now involved having Seacrest give out phone numbers.
5. Somebody needs to patrol Gotham City at night and he's up to the task.
4. That punk Stephanopolous keeps using his coffee mug.
3. Take That, Darrell Hammond!
2. Because intelligence on television is so old fashioned.
1. Is wanting to go to bed at a decent hour for the first time in 25 years too much to ask for an old man???