Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Bitchin' Camaro! Bitchin' Camaro!...

Mrs. Pratt has had her car for over 10 years now. It's a 1994 black Camaro and currently has 130,000 miles on it. She named the car Jerry because in her Deadhead fandom she noticed the interior was a "Touch of Grey".

Hey don't laugh... I call my car The Prattmobile.

Mrs. Pratt told me she wants to replace faithrful Jerry with a new model.

Me:"Oooh..tall and busty will be nice and ...and ..ooooooh you're talking about cars."

Mrs. Pratt dishes out The Look of Death to me.


So last night Jerry was getting a good cleaning since he is going to be put on the market soon(Mrs. P wants $2,000 for him). She noticed that his turn signal light was out on the right hand side.

Now Mrs. Pratt is gifted with repair talents. Seriously, she can assemble IKEA furniture while I still struggle to figure out if my Ecktorp is in my Verdblat. She just has a kncak for it whereas every assembly project I try turns into a Jerry Lewis movie.


The skilled hands of Mrs. Pratt.


I walk out to the driveway as she is disassembling the car.

Me:"Can I call you Mrs. BadWrench?"

Mrs. P.: "Shut up."

Me: "Can I take your photo?"

Mrs. P.: "Do you want a screwdriver in your face?"

Me: "Think of the Blog!"

Mrs.P.:"Think of the stitches you'll need."

It was an easy bulb replacement, and I am once again in awe of her repair skills.And she was a good sport to let me take her photo.


The Look of Death. I totally deserved it.


And so Jerry will leave us soon. I think before she sells him, she'll play Neil Young's "Long May You Run" one last time for him. Although I like to sing The Dead Milkmen's "Bitchin' Camaro" whenever I ride in it.


Bitchin' Camaro! Bitchin' Camaro!

No comments: