Sunday, August 27, 2006

New York State of Mind...


One of the things I did on my recent trip back to upstate NY was do a little geneology research. And so in a tiny town called Ceres, I found the grave of my Great Great Grandfather.My great grandfather and other relatives from the 19th century are here as well.


Another place we visited is one my favorite places in the world. It's called Cuba Lake, a man made reservoir in Alleghany county. My family has had a home there for 65 years now. My uncle and aunt live there year round.


A view from the boat at the lake houses and countryside.


Our hero on the boat on the lake. Peace and carrots as Greyton would say.


Quiet time - me vs. the fish. Guess who won.


My big catch - a very very tiny fish that I threw back.


Our favorite winery in NY - Bully Hill. They have a wonderful restaurant, and is always a fun place to visit.

No comments: